MISA Imports, Inc. is searching for a professional, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Logistics Manager. The Logistics Manager will schedule all inbound/outbound shipments, provide leadership to our logistics department team and strive to keep transportation costs low. In this position, associate will interface with vendors and internal customer teams, and work to develop a broader logistics strategy to ensure product is in our Distribution Center on time. Key to success in this role will be the ability to consistently work with the team in making the low cost, high service choices. This role will be interfacing with the planning and distribution team to ensure we are meeting long term business metrics.
- Build Strategic plan that supports company goals such as process improvements and savings initiatives.
- Evaluate transportation options for each shipment including, supplier to door, port to door, and domestic shipments
- Understand, execute and resolve any issues related to logistics activities
- Monitor service and qualifications for all service providers
- Communicate with freight carriers and custom/clearance third party in daily basis to maintain updated information in company shipment sheet.
- Work with the planning and distribution to ship product on time, delay or cancel any shipments.
- Review invoices related to logistic activities such as freight invoices, clearance invoices, supplier invoices.
- Tracking the shipment through completion.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of logistics principals and the transportation activities (5+ year)
- Knowledge of Computer and Spreadsheet/Database Software
- Experience in Supply Chain Preferred
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills
- Strong Problem Solving
- Operates Well Under High Volume
- Outstanding Verbal and Written Communication Skills with Attention to Detail
- Bachelor Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Any logistics or supply chain training or certification (Preferred but not required)