Inbound Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator role will be part of the Logistics operations team in executing activities that includes: coordinating product pick-ups at foreign origin destinations, scheduling ocean freight bookings, port to door trucking, and approving freight invoices.
In this position, coordinator will interface with vendors and internal customer teams, and assist in facilitating a broader logistics strategy to ensure product is in our Distribution Center on time.
Key to success in this role will be the ability to consistently work with the team in making the low cost, high service choices. This role will be interfacing with freight suppliers and with the internal purchasing team to ensure we are meeting long term business metrics.
- Understand, execute and resolve any issues related to Inbound logistics activities
- Monitor service and qualifications for service providers under the positions purview
- Communicate with freight carriers and custom/clearance third parties on a daily basis
- Maintain updated information in the company’s system of record
- Develop relationships with forwarders, and suppliers
- Understand, execute and resolve any issues related to logistics activities
- Support logistics operations through scheduled and ad hoc reporting
- Review invoices related to logistic activities such as freight invoices, customs’ clearance invoices, and supplier invoices.
- Tracking the shipment through completion.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of transportation coordination and the transportation environment (1+ year) or equivalent experience
- Intermediate Excel proficiency preferred
- Some Knowledge of US Customs regulations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Associate Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Any accredited supply chain certifications. CPIM, ISM, Lean/Six Sigma .