IT Support Administrator
The IT Support Administrator is responsible for maintaining our system infrastructure and networks, testing all computer related equipment, backing up databases, installing and updating malware/AV software, installing and rebuilding existing servers as well as other processes. The IT Support Administrator is responsive to troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of problems quickly for company employees located in the US and in France as per their working hours. Direct and coordinate local area computer network activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Imaging New Computers
- Provide desktop support and technical assistance to company employees on a variety of computer network issues.
- Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments.
- Answer calls and emails regarding hardware and software issues.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Help to support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware/software problems pertaining to LAN.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot active directory, to include users, groups and troubleshoot Office applications (all versions).
- Stages new incoming computers to be rolled out to user community.
- Set up and maintain user accounts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all computers.
- Manage file, print, and license servers.
- Administer data back-ups.
- Apply security patches and update in a timely manner.
- Assist with documenting and maintaining IT related procedures.
- Maintain inventory and licensing records for hardware and software acquisitions.
- Communicate and coordinate with network maintenance schedules, backups, and downtime to users.
- Document and implement policies and procedures related to all systems hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Monitor the system daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns and regularly upgrade systems as needed.
- Assist in integrating new applications and technologies into the current system. Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Develop and communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Assist in developing and implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Work and manage 3rd party vendors
- Support French Subsidiary on an as needed basis
TEAM WORK SKILLS
- Dedication to their department and a willingness to help other team members as needed
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Facility to comprehend company policy, corporate directives, and infrastructures
- Ability to coordinate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with team members and other departments within the organization
- Ability to prioritize work to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office Suites and basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Exposure to an IT related field either through employment or internships preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures and manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels of the company as well as vendors and customer
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Fluency in French is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands for keyboarding activities, lifting, and other similar activities.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds, and on occasion up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of an Associates’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with three to five years related experience.
- 2+ years’ experience as a system administrator.
- Prefer 1+ years’ experience as a Computer Technician or Desktop Support Specialist.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating systems and software.
- Routinely thinks outside the box
- Demonstrated experience with impeccable customer service
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours and on weekends.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with VMware and Office 365.
- Employment is contingent upon completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening
- United States (Required)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)