Controller - Director of Accounting
- Directs and oversees the company’s financial administration and planning including but not limited to financial policy development and implementation, management of accounting systems, budget planning and implementation, risk management and insurance and internal controls.
- Oversees the general accounting (Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, Cost Accounting, Payroll)
- Ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Supervise the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Manages the functional areas of financial reporting and control, budgeting, forecasting, treasury, tax, and audit management.
- Preparation of financial statements to include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow and capital budgets.
- Responsible for accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers and officials, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, customers, and the public.
- Establish appropriate internal systems to support financial and business operations consistent with the company’s growth and reporting requirements.
- Reviews and monitors the organization’s financial position; creates and distributes necessary reports on the organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA certification required.
- 5 – 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within an inventory sales environment.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience using QuickBooks and NetSuite software highly preferred.